Updated: Dec 10, 2019
Being a busy bee as I am, I rarely take the time to make myself fancy dinners.. but when I do - I go all out!! Scallops are one of my favorite food and are very healthy (High in protein and in vitamin B12). They are pretty simple to cook too - usually I throw them in a pan with coconut oil and garlic. But last week I felt creative and came up with this recipe that turned out AMAZING! So let me share with you :) ENJOY!
1 lbs of thawed scallops
1 cup of mushroom
1 can of sliced water chestnut
2 cups of kale
1 cup crushed pecans
1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
3 tbsp lemon juice (option : add lemon zest)
1/2 cup liquid egg whites (Or 2 eggs)
Zucchini (option: gluten free pasta or whole wheat pasta)
How to make:
1. Take out the scallops and make sure they are thawed.
2. Take out a large pan, sautéed mushrooms, water chestnuts and kale in coconut oil. Set a side
3. Mix the crushed pecans and the gluten free bread crumb in a small bowl. Set aside
4. Mix the lemon juice, egg whites and pepper together.
5. One scallop at a time, dip the lemon-eggwhite mix & roll in the pecan crumb mix.
6. In the same large pan, add the crusted scallops. Leave about
three minutes each side and remove from heat
7. With a spiralizer, make Zucchini Pasta (option here if you want a heavier meal use gluten free or whole wheat spaghetti)
8. Mix the zucchini pasta with the mushrooms, water chestnut and kale. Serve on a plate
9. Add the pecan-crusted lemon scallops on top.
Message me for any questions :)